Wednesday 4 November 2009

16

No time for a proper post tonight I'm afraid, I've got a 1500-word essay due in tomorrow afternoon and I've barely broken the 500 mark. Panic mode is not yet engaged, but rest assured it is a mere few hours away.

So anyway, today I..

-Listened to Album by Girls again. I can still heartily endorse it.

-Got excited about Four Tet's forthcoming album, due in January. First single "Love Cry" is streamable from his MySpace (sorry, no time for links!). I found it rather lovely, and have been aching for new material from Four Tet, so I went ahead and ordered the vinyl single off Bleep. It looks colourful.

-Went to work and while there listened to Arcade Fire's Funeral (undoubtedly one of the albums of the decade) and the new Flaming Lips record, Embryonic. If you haven't listened yet, it's one of the rawest and most visceral albums I've had the pleasure of hearing recently. It's a double album too, and double albums are never this exciting.

-Got back from work and buried my head in my hands. It's gonna be a late one tonight for me, so some minimal techno and strong coffee is in order I think.

See you tomorrow!

1 comment:

Alwinda Elix said...

Lol though you have a blog as well